Apprentice Health & Safety Administrator
Are you keen to develop your office skills and gain a qualification and potential progression? At Grundon, we’re looking for a helpful and polite person to join our friendly family-owned business as our Apprentice Health & Safety Administrator. Under the guidance of supportive colleagues at our modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire, part of a team that's all about helping people stay safe and avoid accidents, you will work towards your Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship. You will earn a starting annual salary of £13,650 and a host of great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme and discounted gyms
The Apprentice Health & Safety Administrator role
At Grundon, our standards and awards are testament to an excellent health and safety culture at Grundon, which our Health & Safety Advisors promote throughout our varied business - from our transport depots and quarries to landfill sites and recycling facilities.
As the administrative backbone for the team, including our Head of Compliance and Insurance Manager, you will carry out tasks that help you build on your communication, computer and organisational skills, including:
- Populating and monitoring the SHEQ database with information for contractors
- Assisting with insurance admin, including answering calls and queries
- Training admin, including collating requests from managers, booking venues, and producing delegate lists and certificates
- Updating records, including accident near-misses
- Completion and distribution of meeting minutes
And if you think working for an award-winning waste management company must be boring, think again. It's a fascinating industry that covers energy reduction, the environment and science, and we're constantly growing and developing new waste innovations. Our Energy from Waste facility on the outskirts of London is one of the most modern facilities of its type in the UK.
Your apprenticeship will last for up to 18 months, with 80% of your learning delivered ‘on the job’ and the remainder involving attending Abingdon & Witney College and on-site assessments.
Following successful completion of your apprenticeship, it is anticipated that your employment will become permanent.
What we're looking for in our Apprentice Health & Safety Administrator
- Ideally, 4 GCSEs A*-C / 9-4, including Maths and English, or equivalent
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases such as Excel
- Organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Willingness to learn and develop
Working hours: 35 hours per week, Mon-Fri
Grow with Grundon
Interested in joining our success story as Apprentice Health & Safety Administrator? Click apply to fill in the online application form, telling us in the 'Supporting Statement' section why you think you would be our ideal apprentice.
We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. Should the right candidate be found then the vacancy may be closed early and the start date brought forward