Plant Operative - 4 on 4 off Nights
Do you have experience of operating machinery and mobile plant, including loading shovels, 360 excavators and forklift trucks? Are you naturally practical, and willing to work outdoors? Does working nights on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern suit you? As Plant Operative at Grundon's busy recycling facility at Colnbrook, near Heathrow, you will join a committed team on a permanent contract and earn £11.55-£12.30 per hour (plus shift allowance), depending on skill level, plus a host of great benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
What you’ll be doing as Plant Operative
Our Materials Recovery Facilities (MRFs) are plants where materials like paper, cardboard, cans and bottles are separated and sorted from tipped waste, baled and sent on to be recycled.
It's a varied role: you might go from sweeping one minute to operating an excavator the next, to clearing a blockage that would cause downtime, or loading a shipping container with bales of recovered paper.
What we're looking for in our Plant Operative
- Competent and qualified at operating mobile plant – forklift, loading shovel, 360 excavator.
- A basic understanding of the waste industry, ideally with experience in a recycling processing plant/baler operations.
- Good timekeeping, attendance and teamwork.
Working hours: Average working week is 40.36 hours on a shift system of 4 nights on followed by 4 nights off. Your normal shift will be 12 hours, 18.00-06.00
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading, long-established and award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our success story as Plant Operative and strengthen our team. Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Plant Operative on 17.11.22