Labourer - Industrial Cleaning Division
If deskbound is a dirty word for you and you’re practical and enjoy team work, how about a varied job that could see you dealing with an oil spillage and de-greasing a food factory one week, to decontaminating a laboratory and pumping out a cellar the next? As a Labourer within our Specialist Cleaning Division, you will join our small and skilled Industrial Services team at our Ewelme site in South Oxfordshire and receive a competitive salary and a host of great benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
What you'll be doing as a Labourer (Specialist Cleaning)
Our growing Industrial Services team provides specialist and varied services to Grundon customers nationwide, but mainly in the southeast. Using a variety of tools, you'll undertake high-level deep cleaning, tank cleaning, site decontamination and decommissioning projects, which will involve confined space entry, high-pressure water jetting and handling hazardous materials. The work involves physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable e.g. sometimes wearing a protective suit, respirator or full-face mask.
What we're looking for in our Labourer (Specialist Cleaning)
- A background in industrial cleaning activities is not essential as we'll give you all the training you need
- Practical team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- You're happy to work outdoors in all weathers, in different locations - including, when needed, away from home. Some of our team are up for being away 50% of the time, others infrequently.
- Full UK driving licence
Working hours: An average 40 hours, Mon-Fri, 7am-3.30pm. However, due to the nature of the role you will need to be flexible to changing your working hours, which may include working weekends. You can expect extensive travel, including extended periods away from home.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning and long-established waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on attracting and developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as a Labourer (Specialist Cleaning)? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible