Do you have experience of operating machinery and mobile plant, including loading shovels, 360 excavators and telehandlers? If you're also naturally practical and willing to work outdoors, you could be the new team member at our waste transfer station and recycling processing plant at Ewelme, near Wallingford. As Plant Operative, you will join us full-time on a permanent contract and earn from £11.50-£12.20 per hour, depending on skill level, plus a host of great benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
What you’ll be doing as Plant Operative
You will play a vital part in ensuring the facility runs smoothly. This is a varied job - you might go from transferring waste around the site and operating an excavator, to carrying out preventative plant maintenance or loading a container for onward shipping.
What we're looking for in you
- Ideally, experience of working in a transfer station and recycling processing plant
- You're qualified to operate mobile plant such as telehandlers, 360 excavators and loading shovels
- Reliability, good team work and safety-conscious.
Working hours: 07.30 to 16.30 Mon-Fri, plus alternate Saturday mornings, 07.00-11.30 - an average of 44.75 hours per week.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Plant Operative? Click apply. No agencies please
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Plant Operative on 05.09.22