Are you a qualified engineer with commercial and leadership skills, gained at supervisor or management level, and a thorough understanding of all aspects of waste vehicle repair and maintenance? The new Workshop Manager at our clean and well-equipped vehicle workshop at Ewelme, South Oxfordshire, will lead an 11-strong team, supporting with technical knowledge and making their mark on this essential area of our business. We're offering a permanent contract, competitive salary and a host of great benefits, including:
- Company vehicle
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
The Workshop Manager role
Our six workshops provide the vital link with the transport part of Grundon in keeping our fleet of vehicles on the road to service our customers. You will manage the Ewelme vehicle workshop and the maintenance and repair of over 70 vehicles, ensuring Ewelme depot’s waste collection vehicle fleet is maintained for maximum ‘up time’, safely, efficiently and cost-effectively.
What you'll be doing as Workshop Manager
- Motivating and managing your team to deliver the best service in terms of quality and standards.
- Ensuring the maintenance, servicing and roadworthiness of vehicles in line with company 'O' licence obligations.
- Planning and allocating work, including MOTs, services, breakdowns and defects.
- Maintaining individual vehicle service records and collating job sheets.
- Ensuring all Company Health & Safety policies and procedures are high on the agenda and complied with and applied in a fair and consistent way.
- Ensuring paperwork is completed correctly and on time.
- Communicating with Operations to reduce vehicle downtime and improve vehicle availability.
- Controlling costs and budgets.
What we're looking for in our Workshop Manager
- Minimum City & Guilds Part 1, 2 and 3 in Heavy Vehicle Technology
- Full clean UK driving licence, with at least LGV Class 2 (category C) entitlement
- Good working and mechanical knowledge of all makes and types of commercial waste vehicles and trailer maintenance
- At least five years’ experience, ideally gained in the waste management industry, in a similar role
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrics
Working hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5.30pm, plus alternate Saturday mornings, 6am-10.30am - an average 44.75 hours per week. Due to the nature of your role you may, on occasions, be required to work additional hours.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. Interested in joining our success story as Workshop Manager? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Workshop Manager on 11.07.22