Transfer Station Chem-Pack Chemist
If you are an experienced waste chemist and like the idea of a dual role that combines working at our customer sites as well as utilising your chemical waste knowledge to assess and manage waste streams within our hazardous waste transfer station, how about joining Grundon’s successful and specialist Technical team as a Transfer Station Chem-Pack Chemist? We are offering a permanent full-time contract, competitive salary and a host of great benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
About the Transfer Station Chem-Pack Chemist role
The Technical side of our fascinating waste and environmental business manages the collection of all types of hazardous waste from our varied customer base – everything from lab chemicals, electrical items, acids, bases, solvents and aerosols. Based at our South Oxfordshire hazardous waste transfer station, and working within a team of Chemists, you will utilise your experience to assess and manage waste inputs up the waste hierarchy as well as assess jobs to facilitate the collection, transportation and disposal of waste consignments.
What we are looking for in our Transfer Station Chem-Pack Chemist
- Chemistry qualification (or Chemistry/Environmental related discipline) - HNC minimum.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing the disposal of packaged hazardous wastes – maybe you have worked at a hazardous waste transfer station, or have an industrial background.
- You will need a broad knowledge of the legislation governing the management of hazardous wastes.
- Happy to work within potentially difficult environments – e.g. outdoors with PPE.
- Competent and accurate computer skills.
- An ADR licence (we will put you through the training if necessary)
- Full UK driving licence – you will drive a Company van to customers’ sites
Working hours: 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Mon-Friday, rotated on a fortnightly basis. A total of 40 hours per week, though flexibility required.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don't use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Transfer Station Chem-Pack Chemist on 13.06.22