Transport Office Administrator
If you’re an experienced administrator, ideally with transport operations experience, who enjoys engaging with customers and has a calm-under-pressure personality, then you could be the conscientious Transport Office Administrator we're looking for at our Gatwick depot, near Redhill. Joining a small and supportive team on a permanent full-time contract, you will earn a competitive salary and host of great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme (5% contribution matched by Grundon) with life assurance cover
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
About the Transport Office Administrator role
The 20 drivers at our depot collect commercial waste from businesses in and around the Surrey area. Based in the transport office, you will wear many 'hats': carrying out daily essential admin tasks, liaising with the drivers (basic payroll queries, sorting PPE, for example) and customers (passing on complaints and requests). One minute you might be coding an invoice or updating holiday records, the next ensuring a clock card is issued to a new driver or recording weights on a spreadsheet.
What we’re looking for in our Transport Office Administrator
- Ideally two years’ office-based experience involving transport operations, or a sound knowledge of the waste industry.
- Good computer skills - think Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, plus our own systems (we'll train you up).
- Numerate, with good spoken and written English.
- Flexibility - answering the phones and covering for our Transport Office Co-ordinator at lunchtime, for example.
- You can think on your feet and use your initiative.
Working hours: 7.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri, plus one in three Sat mornings, 7am-11.30am - an average of 44 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning and long-established waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on attracting and developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as Transport Office Administrator? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Transport Office Administrator on 11.05.22