We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! We are currently looking for a Welder Fabricator to come and join our team based at our Ewelme Depot, near Wallingford. The successful candidate will join us on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary and great benefits including;
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you'll be doing as a Welder Fabricator
This is a practical job that involves working well with your hands and a variety of different metals and materials, cutting, heating, melting and joining them together.
As a Welder Fabricator at Grundon, you will play a key part in ensuring customers' waste containers and compaction units (industrial machines that compress rubbish so it takes up less space) are returned to them in good condition, by repairing and refurbishing them to high standards and making parts. Testing them before they go back into service is all part of the job.
You will need to work to production schedules, strict health & safety regulations and maintain the equipment in the workshop, cleaning tools and equipment and work areas.
What we're looking for in our Welder Fabricator
- Previous welding and fabrication experience which includes MIG welding
- Ability to follow CAD engineering drawings and instructions for each job
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to fault find, rectify and conduct final testing
- Full UK driving licence - you must be prepared to travel to customers' sites if needed
Working hours 7am-4.45pm, Mon-Fri - 45 hours per week, though flexibility is required.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. Interested in joining our success story as Welder Fabricator? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Trainee Welder Fabricator on 29.04.22