Do you have a little technical or mechanical knowledge, whether picked up at work or through a love of DIY? If you’re looking for a varied and practical job in a friendly team then how about supporting the LGV vehicle mechanics and Workshop Manager at Grundon's Colnbrook site, near Heathrow? As our Workshop Labourer, you will earn a competitive salary and a host of great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
About the Workshop Labourer role
The workshops at our depots play a crucial role behind the scenes in our business, ensuring that all vehicles are maintained, serviced and roadworthy. You, too, will play a key part, including:
- making sure the workshop is kept clean and tidy
- steam-cleaning vehicles ready for servicing and MOTs
- carrying out minor repairs yourself (such as replacing bulbs and mirror lenses)
- driving to collect parts from suppliers or other Grundon sites
- ensuring PPE is worn at all times
What we’re looking for in our Workshop Labourer
- You must have a full UK driving licence and it would be great (but not essential) if you have an LGV licence too
- You have a positive and professional attitude to work
- You enjoy learning on the job and will slot into the team, but you’re also happy to work on your own initiative.
Working hours: 7.30am to 4.30pm Mon-Fri, plus alternate Saturday mornings 7.30am to 12 noon – 44.75 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning and long-established waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on attracting and developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as Workshop Labourer and strengthening our team? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Workshop Labourer on 24.03.22