Sustainability Project Manager
With at least two years' experience under your (green) belt, perhaps as a consultant, here's a brand new Sustainability Project Manager job to pique your interest at Grundon, a fascinating and richly varied waste management, environmental and quarrying business, one of Britain's top performing private companies. Based at our Beenham office, near Reading, but with travel to all sites involved, you will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary with a host of great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
About the Sustainability Project Manager role
Grundon’s continued success is largely due to its innovative and forward-thinking approach, with sustainability and environmental good practice at the heart of everything we do. Our extensive facilities, mainly in the South-East, include transport depots, MRFs (Materials Recovery Facilities), special waste sites, landfills and quarries, and we continue to invest millions of pounds in new technologies. We currently generate energy from PV arrays and from our waste, by a number of different technologies, and we wish to expand this initiative to de-carbonise our business.
As our highly motivated Sustainability Project Manager, you will ensure that the company uses as much of its own generated energy as possible, through installation of private wire connections, rollout of electrical vehicle charging and switching to alternative fuels.
A significant chunk of your time will be focused on expanding sustainable energy generation across our land portfolio, identifying suitable sites and managing selected projects from inception to completion, supported by Estates, PED (Projects, Engineering & Design) and Compliance colleagues.
The ultimate aim is for a minimal level of energy to spill over into the National Grid, and for all energy generated to be put to the most efficient use possible, whether that be power to the Grundon fleet, power to our processing facilities, conversion to hydrogen or sale to third parties.
What we're looking for in our Sustainability Project Manager
- Ideally degree level qualification in an engineering, sustainability or project management-related discipline
- At least two years’ experience within a similar industry or consulting role
- Knowledge and experience of energy grids and connections
- Ability to evaluate and assess energy and revenue forecasts to develop financial models
- Strong technical understanding of existing and emerging sustainable technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Time management and ability to prioritise work are strengths
- Full UK driving licence
Working hours: 9am-5.30pm, Mon-Fri (37.5 hours).
Grow with Grundon
We place great value on attracting and developing great people, so if you are interested in joining our success story as Sustainability Project Manager, do apply as soon as possible. Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match. We advertised the role of Sustainability Project Manager on 14.04.22. No agencies please