Landfill Site Operatives
Do you have experience of operating mobile plant, such as excavators, dumpers, bulldozers, rollers, tractors and compactors? Are you happy to work outdoors? And are you looking for a secure new job in a long-established and truly friendly business? Here at Grundon, we’re looking for two Landfill Site Operatives to strengthen the team at our waste facility at Bishop’s Cleeve, near Cheltenham. You’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and have access to a host of great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
What you’ll be doing as our Landfill Site Operative
- Operating mobile plant, such as excavators, dumpers, bulldozers, rollers, tractors and compactors.
- General labouring duties on site, including litter-picking.
- Assisting with the operations of our ash treatment plant.
- Daily plant checks, reporting any defects.
- Cleaning and refuelling mobile plant.
What we're looking for in our Landfill Site Operative
- Experience of operating landfill mobile plant.
- Good timekeeping and attendance record.
- Awareness of health & safety issues.
- You must be happy to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Working hours: Average of 49.25 per week - Mon-Thurs 7am-5pm, Fri 7am-4.30pm plus alternate Saturday mornings, 7am-11.30am.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading, long-established and award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people who work for us. Interested in joining our success story as Landfill Site Operative? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.