Due to strengthening our transport team as we come out of Covid, a new role has arisen - are you the safe pair of hands we need to help our Depot Manager with running the afternoon/evening waste collection services at our busy Colnbrook depot, near Slough? Grundon is an award-winning waste management and environmental company committed to training and developing great people. If you can give us at least two years’ waste industry supervisory or managerial experience then you could be joining our success story as Transport Manager, earning a competitive salary and a host of great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme (5% contribution matched by Grundon) with life assurance cover
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
About the Transport Manager role
Grundon has an extensive vehicle fleet and operates from depots across southern England. As our additional Transport Manager at Colnbrook, which services businesses around the London area, you’ll hit the ground running, connecting with the transport team and customers, and quickly establishing yourself.
What you’ll be doing as Transport Manager
- Helping to supervise an experienced transport office team and around 70 drivers, making every effort to ensure that all customers receive their waste collection service on the due day.
- Working closely with the Depot Manager to ensure that all legislation, including health & safety, HR and the Company’s Goods Vehicle Operating Licence, are complied with.
- Maintaining a high level of motivation and morale, and making sure that individual potential is encouraged and developed.
What we're looking for in you
- Full clean UK driving licence, ideally with LGV Class 2 entitlement.
- Ideally hold, or be willing to attain, a Certificate of Professional Competence.
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Sound IT and cost-control skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
Working hours: Average of 41.5 per week, Mon-Fri, 2pm-11pm, plus 1 in 3 Saturday mornings, 7am-11.30am.
Grow with Grundon
Interested in growing your career with Grundon? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.