If you're an experienced HGV Mechanic looking for a new opportunity, how about fleet work in a great team working for a well-established and thriving business? At Grundon, we're recruiting for a team player to join our friendly family-owned business and work in our clean and well-equipped workshop at Ewelme, South Oxfordshire. We're offering a permanent contract, £45,166 per annum plus a host of benefits, including:
- Discretionary bonus (performance based)
- Pension scheme (you contribute 5% of pay, Grundon matches this) with life assurance cover
- Option to buy additional holiday
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Range of wellbeing benefits, including Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work, health cash plan and discounted gyms
What you’ll be doing as HGV Mechanic
Joining a team of skilled HGV Mechanics, you will maintain our mixed fleet of rigid and articulated vehicles to high standards in line with DVSA and FTA requirements.
What we’re looking for in our HGV Mechanic
- Large goods vehicle experience is essential and ideally you’re qualified or semi-skilled (City & Guilds HGV Parts 1, 2 & 3 or NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent). If you don’t have those qualifications then you must have 10 years’ experience working on HGV vehicles.
- Ideally, you hold a current LGV licence (Class 2 minimum) and digital tachograph card.
What are the working hours?
Your working week will average 45 hours worked over a two-week cycle.
Week 1: Mon-Fri 5.30am-2.30pm.
Week 2: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm, plus Sat morning, 5.30am-10.30am.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. Interested in joining our success story as HGV Mechanic? Click apply. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so please apply as soon as possible