Head of Finance
Are you ready for a key and wide-ranging role overseeing Grundon’s day-to-day accounting function, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and business needs? Your remit as Head of Finance will include producing accurate financial and management information and managing and motivating a team at our modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire. Interested? You will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Reward and discount shopping scheme.
What you’ll be doing as Head of Finance
- Overseeing the whole of the day to day finance function, which includes the Finance Team Manager, Management Accountant and Reporting Analyst.
- Managing working capital (including Treasury Management).
- Ensuring tax compliance, including VAT, Corporation Tax, Landfill Tax and Aggregate Levy.
- Assisting in preparing annual budgets.
- Overseeing the preparation of monthly gross profit schedules for department managers.
- Providing financial advice to our Sales and Contract Management teams in the form of historical costs and forecasts.
- Becoming an active member of the Senior Leadership Team and helping to drive the business forward.
What we’re looking for in our Head of Finance
- You’re professionally qualified to ACCA/CIMA.
- Ideally, five years’ management experience within a finance environment, with sound evidence of managing and motivating people effectively.
- A good understanding and detailed up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards and VAT.
- You’re a confident and professional communicator, both written and verbal, and can effectively communicate with non-finance colleagues.
- Strong commercial and technical finance experience.
Working hours 35 per week: 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri (flexibility required).
Grow with Grundon
In 2020, we were recognised as one of the UK's top performing private companies when we were ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table for the second year running. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Head of Finance and strengthen our team. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible