Trainee LGV Drivers
Whether you are looking for a career change or are starting out, here's a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your future as a fully qualified large goods vehicle driver. Join the Grundon success story at our Ewelme depot in south Oxfordshire, and in return for your hard work in a physically demanding role, you'll earn a competitive salary, fully funded continued CPC training held on a working day (once qualified), plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Reward and discount shopping scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Trainee LGV Driver role
You will learn to drive and operate a variety of vehicles, including waste wheelers, front-end loaders and roll-on-roll-offs. Subject to satisfactory progress, we'll register you for LGV training, which will include attending training days and tests.
We have a brilliant Transport Training team at Grundon with a wealth of knowledge and experience, and they will be there to support, guide and build your confidence along the way. You'll learn the rounds as a mate and go out with experienced drivers on your journey to becoming a safe, careful and compliant LGV driver with a great future ahead of you!
Please note: A multiple-choice test and practical driving assessment will form part of the interview process
What we're looking for in our Trainee LGV Driver
- To apply, you must have have had a full car driving licence for at least 6 months
- An appetite to learn
- The ability to take instruction and constructive criticism
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A ‘can do’ attitude and positive outlook on work
- An understanding of the importance of brilliant customer service and the ability to demonstrate it in all that you do
What are the working hours?
You must be happy with early morning starts. You'll be working from 5am-2.30pm, Mon-Fri, plus alternate Saturday mornings, 5am-9.30am - an average of 44.75 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Interested? If you have drive and commitment and want a job you can see a future in, working for our leading waste management and environmental business as a Trainee LGV Driver, then click apply.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Trainee LGV Driver on 23.11.21