Commercial Manager (Clinical Waste)
Are you keen to progress your career in the clinical waste field? If you have a wealth of sales and management experience in this area (at least five years), combined with strong leadership skills, here’s a rare opportunity to manage our clinical waste sales, administration and compliance functions, ensuring their continued success and profitability. As Commercial Manager (Clinical Waste), you will be based at our Knowl Hill office, between Reading and Maidenhead, and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Private healthcare
- Discretionary bonus based on performance
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
Grow with Grundon
Ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies, Grundon is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services, and we’re adept at finding innovative solutions. We own and operate a variety of industry-leading treatment facilities, and our Clinical healthcare customers include the NHS, pharmacies, care and nursing homes, dentists, vets, universities and laboratories.
What you’ll be doing as Commercial Manager (Clinical Waste)
- Managing and supervising the team responsible for the clinical waste sales, administration and compliance functions.
- You will be accountable for the maintenance and retention of clinical accounts.
- Ensuring all agreements/contracts capture applicable charges and are profitable.
- Maintaining effective relationships with all clinical, bioresearch, university and pharmaceutical customers, targeting high-value opportunities wherever possible.
- Researching and communicating any changes to legislation that may impact on the business.
- Developing and documenting workflows to assist and improve efficiency, with specific focus on invoicing accuracy and query management.
- Managing pricing strategy, taking into account the cost of working, overall profitability, current market rates and waste management capacity.
What we are looking for in our Commercial Manager (Clinical Waste)
- Ideally, a degree-level science education.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Confident communicator in spoken and written English.
- Well-organised, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- A strong commercial understanding, with an aptitude for analysing statistical information.
- Presentation and public-speaking skills.
- At least intermediate Excel skill level.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours: 37.5 per week: 8.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri, although flexibility will be required due to the nature of the role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual to build on the efficient running of key Clinical functions. Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Commercial Manager (Clinical Waste)? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Commercial Manager (Clinical Waste) on 29.09.21