Are you an experienced HGV Mechanic who's starting to explore what other jobs are out there? How about fleet work in a great team working for Grundon, a long-established and friendly family-owned business? As our HGV Mechanic, you'll join our well-equipped workshop at Colnbrook, near Heathrow, on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you’ll be doing as HGV Mechanic
Working in a team of skilled HGV Mechanics, you will maintain our mixed fleet of rigid and articulated vehicles to high standards in line with DVSA and FTA requirements.
What we’re looking for in our HGV Mechanic
- Large goods vehicle experience is essential and ideally you’re qualified or semi-skilled (City & Guilds HGV Parts 1, 2 & 3 or NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent). If you don’t have those qualifications then you must have 10 years’ experience working on HGV vehicles.
- Ideally, you hold a current LGV licence (Class 2 minimum) and digital tachograph card.
- Good understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrics, with strong practical and fitting skills on mechanical and technical equipment.
Working hours: Your working week will average 39.75 hours split over a two-week rota.
Week 1: Monday to Friday, 6.30am to 2.30pm.
Week 2: Monday to Friday, 2pm to 10pm. Plus alternate Saturday mornings, 7.30am to 12 noon.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading and award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our success story as HGV Mechanic and strengthen our team. Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible