Waste Management Administrator
Confident and helpful on the phone to customers, methodical, well-organised, good working knowledge of Excel and Outlook – does this sound like you? At Grundon, we’re looking for a Waste Management Administrator with customer-service experience to join our fascinating business on a fixed-term contract, covering maternity leave for a period of up to 15 months. You will work with a supportive team at our modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire, learning on the job and earning a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as Waste Management Administrator (maternity cover)
The Technical side of our highly successful waste and environmental company manages the collection from customers of all types of hazardous waste – from chemicals and paints to aerosols and batteries. You will assist with the daily admin involved with providing a first-rate service, including:
- Taking and directing external and internal calls to the department.
- Calling or emailing customers to let them know their scheduled collection dates and confirming job details.
- Making sure schedules and spreadsheets are up to date. For example, when you re-confirm jobs with customers you will record any key information on drivers’ paperwork and update the database for future reference.
- Liaising with our transport depots to book vehicles to meet collection needs.
- Providing general admin support for the department - from printing repeat documentation to helping to process quote requests.
What we’re looking for in our Waste Management Administrator (maternity cover)
- Fantastic communication and customer-service skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Competent in Word and Excel; accurate data entry is an important part of the job.
- GCSE (or equivalent) standard in Maths and English.
Working hours: 37.5 per week: 8.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as Waste Management Administrator (maternity cover)? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Waste Management Administrator (maternity cover) on 12.11.21