Confident and helpful on the phone to customers, methodical, well-organised, excellent working knowledge of Excel and Outlook – does this sound like you? At Grundon, we’re looking for an Transport Administrator with customer-service experience to join us on a fixed-term contract, covering maternity leave for a period of up to 12 months. You’ll work with a supportive team at our modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire, learning on the job and earning a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as Transport Administrator
The Technical side of our fascinating waste and environmental business manages the collection from customers of all types of hazardous waste – from chemicals and paints to aerosols and batteries. Working closely with two Transport Co-ordinators, you’ll assist with the daily admin involved with providing a first-rate service, including:
- Calling or emailing customers from lots of different businesses to inform them of their scheduled collection dates, confirming job details, site access and access times.
- Making sure schedules and spreadsheets are up to date. For example, when you re-confirm jobs with customers you’ll record any key information on drivers’ paperwork and update the database for future reference.
- Liaising with our transport depots to book vehicles to meet collection needs.
- Booking in loads with third-party disposal sites.
- Providing general admin support for the department.
What we’re looking for in our Transport Administrator
- Fantastic communication and customer-service skills.
- You’re good at prioritising and using your initiative – important as you will have daily deadlines to meet.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ideally, waste or transport industry experience, though not essential.
- GCSE (or equivalent) standard in Maths and English.
Working hours: 37.5 per week: 8.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as Transport Administrator? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.