If you're motivated, computer-literate and always happy to go the extra mile for customers then you could be our ideal Weighbridge Administrator - a busy part-time job at Grundon's Ford site in West Sussex. You will join us on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as Weighbridge Administrator
Our transfer stations are busy hubs where a steady stream of vehicles drop off waste from local authority kerbside and business waste collection rounds.
As our Weighbridge Administrator you'll be on the customer frontline as vehicles deliver or remove materials to and from site, greeting Grundon and external drivers and accurately recording weight data using our computer system. Checking documentation is an important part of the job.
Your duties will include:
- Producing an accurate weighbridge ticket for all loads arriving and leaving the site.
- Identifying the customer account and material and ensuring that the correct vehicle registration, customer, product, haulier, source/destination and order number are recorded.
- Ensuring all drivers and visitors are wearing PPE.
- Notifying drivers when vehicles are overweight.
- Keeping the weighbridge balanced and reading zero, and notifying your manager of any operational problems with the weighbridge (inaccuracies, damage, cleanliness etc).
- The job also involves helping out the transport team with admin, including compiling reports and answering the phone to customers.
What we're looking for in our Weighbridge Administrator
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Ability to be accurate in a busy working environment
- Confident communicator, face to face and on the phone
Working hours: 9.30am-2.30pm Mon-Fri, plus 1 in 3 Saturday mornings from 7.30am-11.30am – an average of 26 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning and long-established waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as Weighbridge Administrator? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Weighbridge Administrator on 24.08.21