Waste Manager (NHS Trust)
Do you have at least five years' experience as a Contract or Waste Manager, including clinical waste? Have you managed a team of operational staff? Are you looking for a new leadership role in a progressive business? At Grundon, we have a rare opportunity for a proactive and collaborative Waste Manager (NHS Trust) to lead and develop our Total Waste Management (TWM) contract across three acute hospital and nine community sites. Based at Northwick Park Hospital, but with travel to the other sites, you will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you'll be doing as Waste Manager (NHS Trust)
Your remit is to ensure the smooth running of hospital waste collection services to total customer satisfaction.
- You will manage the contract within budget, aligning service provision and procedures across all sites, ensuring the Trust's KPIs and SLAs are met and focusing on continuous improvement.
- You will also manage and motivate around 18 site-based waste porters and three team leaders, who supervise the waste porters and ensure that key tasks, such as waste being put in the correct disposal area, are carried out.
- Attending regular contract review meetings, ensuring action points are completed within agreed timescales.
- Working with the Trust and on-site FM teams to agree and implement recycling and sustainability targets.
What we’re looking for in our Waste Manager (NHS Trust)
- Educated to A-level (or equivalent) minimum
- At least 5 years' experience as a Contract or Waste Manager, with clinical waste experience
- Previous experience of managing a team of operational staff
- Knowledge of the waste industry and/or NHS experience an advantage
- Competent in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with excellent report-writing skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Full UK driving licence
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo security checks in order to obtain entry onto sites
Working hours: 8am-4.30pm, Mon-Fri (37.5 hours), though additional hours may be required on occasions.
Grow with Grundon
At the cutting-edge of waste management, Grundon is ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies. Interested in joining our success story as Waste Manager (NHS Trust)? Apply today. No agencies please
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Waste Manager (NHS Trust) on 24.08.21