Are you an experienced HGV Mechanic exploring what other jobs are out there? How about fleet work in a great team working for a well-established and thriving business? At Grundon, we're recruiting for a team player to join our clean and well-equipped workshop at Bishop's Cleeve, near Cheltenham. As our HGV Mechanic we can offer you a permanent contract, competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as HGV Mechanic
Joining a small team of skilled HGV Mechanics, you will maintain our mixed fleet of rigid and articulated vehicles to high standards in line with DVSA and FTA requirements.
What we’re looking for in our HGV Mechanic
- Large goods vehicle experience is essential and ideally you’re qualified or semi-skilled (City & Guilds HGV Parts 1, 2 & 3 or NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent). If you don’t have those qualifications then you must have 10 years’ experience working on HGV vehicles.
- Ideally, you hold a current LGV licence (Class 2 minimum).
What are the working hours?
Your working week will average 47.75 hours worked over a two-week cycle.
Week 1: Mon-Fri, 6am to 4.30pm, plus Saturday morning, 6am to 11.30am
Week 2: Mon-Fri, 7.30am to 5pm
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. Interested in joining our success story as HGV Mechanic? Click apply.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of HGV Mechanic on 18.08.21