If you have welding (including MIG) and fabrication experience and like to roll up your sleeves, how about a practical job repairing and refurbishing waste containers, plus mobile and static compaction units, for Grundon customers? As Welder Fabricator, you'll join the Fabrication Workshop at our Ewelme depot, near Wallingford, on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Welder Fabricator role
Waste containers in good condition are essential for our business, whether on a customer's premises or on site at one of the special events and shows we service. As Welder Fabricator, you'll play a key role behind the scenes, repairing containers to CHEM standards and making parts if required, keeping a close eye on production schedules and maintaining the workshop equipment. The job involves carrying out diagnostic exercises, rectifying faults to a high standard and conducting final testing before the unit goes back into service.
What we’re looking for in our Welder Fabricator
- Ideally, you have mechanical experience on mobile and static compactors.
- A telescopic forklift licence would be an advantage (we'll train you if not).
- You can interpret and work from CAD drawings.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems would be a bonus.
- Comprehensive know-how of the health & safety requirements associated with maintenance activities.
- A personality that gets the best out of people, from colleagues to customers.
- Full UK driving licence - you must be prepared to travel to customers' sites occasionally.
Working hours: 7am-4.45pm, Mon-Fri - 45 hours per week, though flexibility is required.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Welder Fabricator? Click apply. No agencies please
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Welder Fabricator on 11.08.21