Established in 1929, Grundon Sand & Gravel has four quarries that supply path gravel, rockery stones and shingle to customers including golf courses, equestrian centres and landscaped gardens. We recently launched an e-commerce ordering system and need an enthusiastic and efficient Aggregates Administrator with great customer service skills to join our small team. Could you fit the bill? Based at our Beenham office, near Reading, on a permanent contract, you'll earn a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you'll be doing as Aggregates Administrator
- Managing sales enquiries and taking orders and payments.
- Liaising with customers, haulage contractors and the sales team to ensure deliveries are made on time.
- Following up/forwarding emailed enquiries, and logging any invoice queries.
- Up to two days a week, you'll test aggregates (sieving, drying and weighing) and log the results on a spreadsheet at our nearby Kennetholme quarry.
What we're looking for in our Aggregates Administrator
- Ideally, customer service experience
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and databases such as Excel
- Good time-management and organisational skills
- A can-do attitude and strong desire to learn new systems
- Self-motivated, but equally happy to work as part of a team
- Full UK driving licence
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week – Mon-Fri, 8am-4.30pm
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a long-established and award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our success story as Aggregates Administrator. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible