Do you have experience of operating machinery and mobile plant, including loading shovels, 360 excavators and forklift trucks? Are you naturally practical, and willing to work outdoors? If so, how about joining a committed team as Plant Operative at our busy recycling facility at Colnbrook, near Slough. We are offering a permanent contact, competitive salary and access to some great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as Plant Operative
Our Materials Recovery Facilities (MRFs) are plants where materials such as paper, cardboard, cans and bottles are separated and sorted from tipped waste and then baled and sent on elsewhere to be recycled.
- You'll join our hardworking team who operate mobile plant.
- It's a varied role: you might go from sweeping one minute to operating an excavator the next, to clearing a blockage that would cause downtime, or loading a shipping container with bales of recovered paper.
What we're looking for in our Plant Operative
- Competent and qualified at operating mobile plant – forklift, loading shovel, 360 excavator.
- A basic understanding of the waste industry, ideally with experience in a recycling processing plant/baler operations.
- Good timekeeping, attendance and team work.
7am-4pm, Mon-Fri, plus alternate Sat mornings from 6am-10.30am - an average of 44.75 hours per week.
An average of 44.75 hours on a two-week rotating shift pattern. Week 1: 6am-2.30pm, Mon-Fri. Week 2: 2.30pm-12.30am Mon-Thurs, 2.30pm-10pm, Fri. You will also work alternate Saturday mornings, 6am-10.30am.
Shift system of 4 nights on followed by 4 nights off, 6pm-6am - average 40.36 hours per week.
If you have a preference, please let us know in your application form
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Plant Operative? Click apply. No agencies please
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.