Events Sales Manager
If you've achieved success in sales and crave variety and excitement, how does managing and targeting the waste provisions for major sporting events through to peak-summer festivals sound? As Special Events Sales Manager working for Grundon, one of the UK's top-performing private companies, you will be part of a proactive and close-knit sales team at our Colnbrook office, near Heathrow. You will earn a competitive salary and uncapped commission with excellent benefits, including:
- Company car
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (actual cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief), and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Special Events Sales Manager role
You will build existing relationships to secure repeat business, target new clients, manage your own time and diary, and ensure events run smoothly and profitably. You can expect to:
- Promote, sell and develop services, including delivering presentations and completing tenders.
- Work closely with operational teams to ensure smooth delivery of waste containers and high service levels that are fully compliant.
- Drive recycling and sustainability to assist clients with meeting their goals.
- Liaise with finance teams to ensure accurate and timely invoicing.
- Provide bespoke reporting to suit clients' needs.
What we're looking for in our Special Events Sales Manager
- Ideally, educated to minimum A-level (or equivalent) standard.
- Three years' Sales/Account Manager experience and, ideally, waste management experience and knowledge.
- You're proactive and highly self-motivated, a persuasive 'people person' with excellent communication skills.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Efficient at organising your time and meeting deadlines.
- Full UK driving licence.
Working hours: 9am to 5pm, Mon-Fri – 35 hours per week; however, you may, on occasions, need to attend weekend events.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us, as well as in innovations. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our success story as Special Events Sales Manager. Click apply. No agencies, please.
Please note: We don't use apply-by dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Special Events Sales Manager on 15.07.21