Customer Service Agent
Do you have experience in a fast-paced, frontline customer service role (ideally helpdesk or call centre) that involves handling multiple calls and emails every day? The Helpdesk at our head office in Benson, near Wallingford, looks after around 50 of our largest broker and third-party accounts and is the single point of contact, passing on information from our various depots in the South-east back to customers and ensuring waste collections are carried out as they should be. As our fourth Customer Service Agent, you will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Customer Service Agent role
- You will liaise with contract managers, our depots (where our waste collection vehicles are based) and customers to help ensure the smooth running of waste contracts, including dealing with daily queries, requests and complaints.
- One minute you might be informing a customer that one of their waste collections could be delayed and advising them of their revised schedule. The next you're arranging access to a site where a restriction is reported. Or speaking with one of our depots to ensure that daily calls are logged and new waste collection locations entered on the system.
What we’re looking for in our Customer Service Agent
- Office experience, ideally helpdesk/call centre
- You must be competent in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Calm under pressure
- A warm and professional phone manner, and excellent communication skills on email too
- Accurate even when multi-tasking
What are the working hours?
You will work on a rotating shift system of one week of ‘earlies’ (8am to 4pm) followed by one week of ‘lates’ (9am to 5pm). A total of 35 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading, long-established and award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our success story as Customer Service Agent and strengthen our team. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Customer Service Agent on 15.07.21