Are you practically minded, with experience of operating machinery and mobile plant, including forklift trucks? Happy to work outdoors? Looking for variety and a friendly team? Working as a Plant Operative at Grundon's busy Mole Valley recycling facility near Leatherhead, Surrey, you’ll earn a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you'll be doing as Plant Operative
Our Materials Recovery Facilities (MRFs) are plants where materials such as paper, cardboard, cans and bottles are separated and sorted from tipped waste and then baled and sent on elsewhere to be recycled. As our Plant Operative, you'll play a vital part in ensuring our Mole Valley facility runs smoothly.
This is a varied job - you might go from transferring waste around the site and operating an excavator, to carrying out preventative plant maintenance or loading a container with recovered materials for onward shipping.
Working hours: An average of 44.75 hours a week - 7am-4pm Mon-Fri, and 7am-11.30am on alternate Saturday mornings, though flexibility is required. On occasions, extra hours may be needed to cover holidays or carry out extra duties.
What we're looking for in our Plant Operative
- Ideally you have worked in the waste industry before and have experience of operating machinery, forklift and plant safely.
- We're also looking for commitment to good timekeeping, attendance and team work.
Interested in joining our success story as Plant Operative and strengthening our team? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Plant Operative on 01.07.21