If you’re practically minded with good computer and people skills, this varied two-part job at Grundon's busy recycling facility (where materials such as paper, cardboard, cans and bottles are sorted, baled and sent on elsewhere to be recycled) near Leatherhead, Surrey could suit you down to the ground. As Plant Operative, you’ll take samples of materials in the mornings, then operate the weighbridge - weighing vehicles in and out, and storing the data on our computer system. You’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as Plant Operative
- Completing inspection/defect reports.
- Producing an accurate weighbridge ticket for all loads entering and leaving the site.
- Identifying the customer account and material being transported, and ensuring that the correct details (for example, vehicle registration, product, haulier etc) are recorded.
- Ensuring that all drivers and visitors are wearing PPE.
- Making sure that documentation is accurate.
What we're looking for in our Plant Operative
You don’t need any formal training or qualifications in this area, though weighbridge experience would be great. We’re looking for:
- Good timekeeping and attendance record.
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills.
- Ability to communicate well - face to face and on the phone.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
Working hours: 42.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri inclusive, 7am-4pm, though flexibility may be required.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning and long-established waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on attracting and developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as Plant Operative and strengthening our team? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Plant Operative on 11.06.21