Waste Facility Manager
If you have worked in the waste industry in a supervisory or managerial role and have MRF and Transfer Station experience, could you lead Grundon’s Beenham facility, near Reading? As our Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery), you will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Company car (you must live, or be willing to relocate to, within a 40-mile radius of Beenham)
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery) role
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of our Beenham MRF - one of our Materials Recovery Facilities - and Transfer Station, ensuring that both comply with all relevant Health & Safety requirements and environmental regulations. The MRF has a permitted capacity of 75,000 tons per annum, handling both general waste, mixed recyclables and other source-segregated materials for processing.
As Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery), you will manage and motivate a team of five, observing all current H&S and HR employment policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for in our Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery)
- Relevant experience within the waste management industry in a supervisory/managerial role and with MRF and Transfer Station experience.
- Commercial awareness, sound judgement, and excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Up to date with employment requirements, e.g: good working knowledge of investigation, disciplinary, grievance and dismissal procedures; absence management; working time regulations etc.
- You hold a current COTC qualification (or are working towards) and IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Full UK driving licence
Working hours: 40 hours per week: 7.30am to 4.30pm, Mon-Fri, though you may need to be flexible about start and finish times and working additional hours.
Grow with Grundon
At the cutting-edge of waste management, we’re ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery) and strengthen our team. Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Waste Facility Manager (Resource & Recovery) on 11.06.21