Transport Office Co-ordinator
Channel your office-based transport operations experience, ability to connect and engage with customers, and calm-under-pressure personality into a new job as Transport Office Co-ordinator at our Ford depot, West Sussex. As TOC, you will join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
The Transport Office Co-ordinator role
Working in our friendly Ford transport office, which services businesses in the area (good local geographical knowledge would be an advantage), you will help to manage our waste collection operations. We're looking for a positive, proactive and organised person to liaise with customers (you’ll be managing requests from initial order through to processing) and currently around 13 drivers. You will use your scheduling/planning skills to prepare daily computerised routes for the crew and ensure they are thoroughly debriefed at the end of shifts.
What we’re looking for in our Transport Office Co-ordinator
- Ideally, you have two years' office-based experience in transport operations, or a sound knowledge of the waste industry.
- Comfortable using the phone, Word and databases (we’ll train you up on our bespoke computerised traffic system).
- Stickler for accuracy: you'll be recording and inputting data, and processing paperwork.
- Strong team player and confident communicator who understands the need to be courteous, helpful and professional.
- Ideally, you hold a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), or are willing to gain accreditation, and an LGV licence (a full UK driving licence is essential)
Working hours: 7.30am-5pm, Mon-Fri, plus one in three Sat mornings, 7am-11.30am - an average total of 44 hours per week, though flexibility may be required
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning and long-established waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on attracting and developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as Transport Office Co-ordinator and strengthening our team? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Transport Office Co-ordinator on 11.06.21