Are you the safe pair of hands we need to assist our Depot Manager with running the waste collection services at our busy Colnbrook depot, near Slough? Grundon is an award-winning waste management and environmental company committed to training and developing great people. If you can give us at least two years’ waste industry supervisory or managerial experience then you could be joining our success story as Transport Manager, earning a competitive salary and good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Transport Manager role
We have an extensive vehicle fleet and operate from depots across southern England. At Colnbrook, which services businesses around the London area, you’ll need to be ready to hit the ground running, connecting with the transport team and customers, and quickly establishing yourself.
What you’ll be doing as Transport Manager
- Helping to supervise an experienced transport office team and around 70 drivers, making every effort to ensure that all customers receive their waste collection service on the due day.
- Working closely with the Depot Manager to ensure that all legislation, including health & safety, HR and the Company’s Goods Vehicle Operating Licence, are complied with.
- Maintaining a high level of motivation and morale, and making sure that individual potential is encouraged and developed.
What we're looking for in you
- Full clean UK driving licence, ideally with LGV Class 2 entitlement.
- Ideally hold, or be willing to attain, a Certificate of Professional Competence.
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Sound IT and cost-control skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
Working hours: 42.5 per week, Mon-Fri, 7.30am-5pm, though flexibility is required.
Interested in joining us as Transport Manager and strengthening our team? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible