Are you looking for a varied new admin job that plays to your accuracy, attention to detail and data entry strengths? If you also have customer service experience and enjoy liaising on the phone, via email and face-to-face with colleagues, our Hazardous Waste Administrator role in Benson, South Oxfordshire, could be perfect for you. You’ll join a supportive team on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Hazardous Waste Administrator role
Our fascinating Technical division has extensive facilities to manage all types of hazardous waste – from lab chemicals and electrical items, to aerosols and batteries – and you will be part of the pro-active team at our modern head office. Your duties will include:
- Ensuring that enquiries are processed in a manner that meets our strict waste ‘pre-acceptance’ requirements.
- Daily admin involved with booking deliveries into Grundon disposal facilities.
- Checking quote acceptances for new and existing customers, ensuring that essential paperwork about each job is fully completed so our drivers can provide a great service. The forms are then passed to our Transport team for scheduling.
- Supporting other Technical areas when required, including our small Industrial Services team, who carry out specialist deep-cleaning and decontamination work.
What we are looking for in our Hazardous Waste Administrator
- Previous customer service background
- You’re accurate and precise, with high standards
- Good Word and Excel skills
- Approachable and friendly manner
What are the working hours?
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is an award-winning and long-established waste management, environmental and quarrying company, and we place great value on attracting and developing great people. Interested in joining our success story as Hazardous Waste Administrator and strengthening our Technical team? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Hazardous Waste Administrator on 28.05.21