Do you have at least two years' experience in an HR Advisor role, supporting managers with a range of issues in a multi-site business? As HR Advisor at Grundon, we can offer you a varied workload in a fascinating and friendly company that encompasses operational and office-based environments. Based at our modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire, but travelling across our mainly south-east operating area, you will join us on a full-time permanent contract and receive a competitive salary and attractive benefits, including:
- Company car (you will need to live or be willing to relocate to within 40 miles of Benson)
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as HR Advisor
- Providing an effective and professional HR advisory service to managers and employees across the Grundon businesses.
- Managing day-to-day HR casework, including supporting, coaching and guiding managers on disciplinary/grievance issues, incapacity absence, performance management, flexible working requests etc.
- Supervising and directing the workload of the more junior HR Advisor.
- Researching and interpreting employment legislation to produce practical HR policies and procedures.
- Working closely with the Learning & Development Trainer to deliver effective HR-related training across the business.
Working hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week.
What we are looking for in our HR Advisor
- At least two years' experience in a similar HR Advisor role.
- Ideally, you hold a recognised HR qualification.
- Evidence of an excellent understanding of employment law, interpreted into internal HR policies and procedures.
- An ability and desire to support and guide others, and build and maintain relationships.
- Evidence of sound judgement, with excellent problem-solving and influencing skills, and the ability to present advice in an independent, credible and effective manner.
- Discreet, diplomatic, a confident communicator.
- Able to juggle and prioritise a full workload.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading, long-established and award-winning waste management, environmental and quarrying company that develops and invests in the people that work for us. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our success story and strengthen our supportive HR team as HR Advisor. Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of HR Advisor on 28.05.21