Assistant Transfer Station Manager
Do you have a wealth of knowledge and experience of the hazardous waste industry, combined with strong leadership skills? At Grundon, we’re looking for a capable and confident Assistant Transfer Station Manager to help with the day-to-day management of our industry-leading hazardous waste transfer facility in Ewelme, South Oxfordshire. You’ll join us on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you'll be doing as Assistant Transfer Station Manager
Joining a hard-working and highly skilled team at our busy transfer station, which accepts all types of hazardous waste and uses advanced processing and recycling technologies, you’ll help with its day-to-day operation by:
- assessing and allocating workloads to site chemists and operatives;
- addressing any issues that arise with operators, drivers, contractors and visitors;
- assisting with the training and development of site chemists and operators;
- ensuring that the site is kept clean and tidy and that all waste is stored in accordance with the site permit;
- promoting high standards of health & safety and compliance.
What we’re looking for in our Assistant Transfer Station Manager
- Degree in Chemistry (or Chemistry/Environmental related discipline)
- COTC Level 4 – either Managing Transfer or Treatment Operations
- At least five years’ waste management experience
- Understanding of all current UK legislation associated with the waste industry
- Full UK driving licence
- Methodical, organised and calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
Working hours: 7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Mon-Friday, rotated on a fortnightly basis. A total of 40 hours per week.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is a leading provider of waste management and environmental services and we’re adept at finding innovative solutions. Our hazardous and clinical waste collection and disposal services are award-winning, and our facilities include an advanced aerosol recycling facility.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Grundon success story as Assistant Transfer Station Manager and strengthen our team. Interested? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.