Landfill Site Operative
Do you have experience of operating mobile plant, such as excavators, dumpers, bulldozers, rollers, tractors and compactors? And are you happy to work outdoors? Here at Grundon Waste Management, we’re looking for a Landfill Site Operative to join the dedicated team ensuring the smooth operation of our waste facility at Bishop’s Cleeve, near Cheltenham.
You’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and have access to some great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as our Landfill Site Operative
- Operating mobile plant, such as excavators, dumpers, bulldozers, rollers, tractors and compactors
- General labouring duties on site, including litter-picking
- Assisting with the operations of our ash treatment plant
- Daily plant checks, reporting any defects
- Cleaning and refuelling mobile plant
What we're looking for in our Landfill Site Operative
- Experience of operating mobile plant
- Good timekeeping and attendance record
- Awareness of health & safety issues
- You must be happy to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Working hours: an average of 49.25 per week - Mon-Thurs 7am-5pm, Fri 7am-4.30pm, plus alternate Saturday mornings, 7am-11.30am.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Landfill Site Operative? Click apply. No agencies please
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible.