If deskbound is a dirty word for you and you’re practical and enjoy team work, how about a varied job that could see you dealing with an oil spillage and de-greasing a food factory one week, to decontaminating a laboratory and pumping out a cellar the next? As our Industrial Operative, you’ll join our small and skilled Industrial Services team at our Ewelme site, near Wallingford, South Oxfordshire and receive a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you'll be doing as Industrial Operative
Our growing Industrial Services team provides specialist and varied services to Grundon customers nationwide, but mainly in the southeast. Using a variety of tools, you'll undertake high-level deep cleaning, tank cleaning, site decontamination and decommissioning projects, which will involve confined space entry, high-pressure water jetting and handling hazardous materials. The work involves physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable e.g. sometimes wearing a protective suit, respirator or full-face mask.
What we're looking for in our Industrial Operative
- It would be great if you have experience of water jetting, working with chemicals, at height or in confined spaces, or a licence to operate plant like forklift and cherry pickers. However, if you’re the right fit for the team we'll give you thorough training and support.
- Practical team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You're happy to work outdoors in all weathers, in different locations - including, when needed, away from home. Some of our team are up for being away 50% of the time, others infrequently.
- You must have a full UK driving licence.
Working hours: An average 40 hours, Mon-Fri, 7am-3.30pm. However, due to the nature of the role you will need to be flexible to changing your working hours, which may include working weekends. You can expect extensive travel, including extended periods away from home.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as Industrial Operative? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do please apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Industrial Operative on 22.04.21