Recycling Facility Supervisor
Do you have at least one year's supervisory experience, ideally within MRF (Materials Recovery Facilities) or waste management operations? Are you experienced at operating machinery and mobile plant? Ready to take on more responsibility? As Recycling Facility Supervisor (Resource & Recovery), you'll supervise the day-to-day operation of our Colnbrook MRF, near Slough, joining us on a permanent contract and earning a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you'll be doing as Recycling Facility Supervisor (Resource & Recovery)
Our MRFs are busy plants where materials such as paper, cardboard, cans and bottles are separated and sorted from tipped waste and then baled and sent on elsewhere to be recycled. Your role will include:
- Acting as the responsible person in the event of an emergency.
- Leading and motivating MRF Operatives, including our Weighbridge Operator.
- Operating mobile plant machinery from time to time to keep operations running.
- Reporting daily on maintenance, throughput and breakdowns.
- Collecting and recording plant data.
What we're looking for in our Recycling Facility Supervisor (Resource & Recovery)
- You hold, or are willing to work towards obtaining, COTC/IOSH/first-aid qualifications.
- Commercial awareness, sound judgement, and excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Competency at operating machinery and plant safely.
Working hours An average of 44.75 hours on a two-week rotating shift pattern. Week 1: 6am-2.30pm Mon-Fri. Week 2: 2.30pm-12.30am Mon-Thurs and 2.30pm-10pm Fri, plus alternate Saturday mornings, 6am-10.30am.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Recycling Facility Supervisor (Resource & Recovery)? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Recycling Facility Supervisor (Resource & Recovery) on 19.04.21