Environment & Energy Technician
Collecting, analysing and submitting environmental and energy data; office and field-based tasks; working for an innovative and interesting waste management and environmental business … Sound like your ideal job? Here’s your chance to join a small and committed team as Environment & Energy Technician, based at Grundon’s modern head office in Benson, South Oxfordshire. We’re offering a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as Environment & Energy Technician
This is a varied role that combines office-based and field tasks (you'll need to be happy to work outside in all weathers). Your key duties will include:
- Overseeing the accurate collection, analysis and submissions of environmental and energy data. You’ll monitor our energy usage and support site managers in reducing consumption.
- Carrying out thorough and timely applications and variations of site permits for multiple different facilities, including landfills, transfer stations and quarries.
- Ensuring the requirements of discharge consents and abstraction licences are met, and applications/variations made.
- Supporting the Environment & Energy Manager with various site works, including monitoring tasks and audits.
- Looking into renewable power schemes for the company.
What we’re looking for in our Environment & Energy Technician
- Your background might be Environment Agency (eg officer), landfill sector of a waste management company, environmental consultancy… or maybe you’re a graduate with a year in relevant industry under your belt, or a passion to pursue an environmental career.
- Ideally, you have an environmental or science-based degree.
- Full UK driving licence (for travel to other sites by van).
- Experience of permits and liaising with the EA, including working to sometimes challenging timescales - you’ll need to be meticulous, organised and capable of pulling together multiple pieces of paperwork.
- Adept at communicating with lots of different parties – from Thames Water and energy companies, to the EA and internal project teams, including Estates and site management.
- Quick learner with strong desire to achieve and develop.
Working hours: 35 per week - 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri, though flexibility may be required.
Grow with Grundon
Grundon is the UK's largest family-owned supplier of integrated waste management and environmental solutions, and we work hard to minimise the environmental impacts of our operations, as well as those of our customers. We hold an award for being a leading green business in Oxfordshire, and we continually seek new and innovative ways to improve and enhance our own green credentials. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our success story as Environment & Energy Technician and strengthen our team. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Environment & Energy Technician on 14.04.21