Do you have experience of working on complex deals and tender processes, ideally in waste management? Grundon's broad customer base and service offering makes for a rewarding and varied role as Tender Manager, based at our Colnbrook office, near Slough. You’ll manage our tender activities and join us on a permanent full-time contract, earning a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you’ll be doing as Tender Manager
As Tender Manager, one week you could be overseeing a bid for a multi-site retail or property management company, the next for an NHS Trust, local authority or other public-sector body, or an airport or logistics business.
- You’ll manage the preparation and completion of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs), Invitation to Tenders (ITTs) and tender documents.
- Supported by our Bid Writer, you’ll liaise with internal teams – Contract Management, Sales, Operations, Compliance – to come up with solutions for customers’ waste across all ‘streams’, from general waste and recycling to hazardous and clinical.
- You’ll ensure full compliance requirements have been met and manage the production and delivery of tender documents.
What we’re looking for in our Tender Manager
- Ideally, you have waste management or similar experience.
- You have experience of the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) procurement process.
- You’re highly motivated with strong organisational, time-management and communication skills.
- You’re used to working to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Full UK driving licence (you must live within 40 miles of Colnbrook or be willing to relocate).
Working hours: 35 per week: 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri, though flexibility is required in order to meet deadlines.
Grow with Grundon
At the cutting-edge of waste management, we’re ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies. With a bright future and expansion plans, Grundon could be a great career fit for you! Click apply. No agencies please
Please note: We don’t use apply-by dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Tender Manager on 13.04.21