If you enjoy building long-term relationships with customers, can give us at least two years’ account management experience and, a bonus, some waste industry knowledge, how about working for one of the UK’s top-performing private and progressive companies as our Account Manager? Based at Beenham, near Reading, you’ll join us on permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Company car (you must have a full UK driving licence and live within, or be willing to relocate to, within a 40-mile radius of Beenham)
- A capped bonus (dependent on achieving monthly sales target)
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you'll be doing as Account Manager
Contract Manager-meets-Sales-Support in this varied role: you’ll join a friendly and close-knit team where everyone works together and helps each other out, taking responsibility for:
- the active day-to-day management and growth of existing SME accounts, whilst keeping a close eye on budgets: visiting customers, updating them on new innovations and legislation, and converting enquiries into sales;
- carrying out regular reviews of each account in terms of price, type of service, best value and profitability;
- creating appointments for the Sales team;
- dealing with operational issues and customer queries in conjunction with other departments, such as Transport and Finance.
The opportunities to progress at Grundon are some of the best in the industry because we’re growing and developing new waste innovations and solutions that can help our customers achieve their ‘green’ aspirations. You only have to visit our Energy from Waste facility on the outskirts of London – one of the most modern facilities of its type in the UK – to realise that a career with us as Account Manager is far from boring!
What we’re looking for in our Account Manager
- At least 2 years’ experience in a contract management environment.
- Waste industry knowledge is a bonus.
- Proactive and highly self-motivated; you’re a persuasive ‘people person’ with great communication and presentation skills.
- You’re good at organising your time and meeting deadlines.
- Ideally, familiarity with your territory: Reading, Basingstoke, Andover, Alton, Newbury, Hungerford, Swindon and the area surrounding the depot.
What are the working hours?
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, although flexibility is required.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story and embarking on a fantastic career path as our Account Manager? Click apply.