Opened last year, New Barn Farm in Cholsey, near Wallingford, has ridden the pandemic storm and got off to a busy and successful start. If you have experience of operating mobile plant, e.g. bulldozers, articulated dumpers and loading shovels, then here’s your opportunity to join the Grundon Sand & Gravel success story as Quarry Operative. We are offering a permanent contact, competitive salary and access to some great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you’ll be doing as Quarry Operative
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running! From checking the engine, tyres and oil levels, to re-fuelling at the end of your shift, you’ll be responsible for the daily maintenance and operation of various mobile plant machinery.
You’ll also cover our Weighbridge Operator when required – greeting customers, inspecting documentation and producing accurate weighbridge tickets for all loads entering and leaving the site.
What we're looking for in our Quarry Operative
- Experience of operating mobile plant.
- Full UK driving licence (you must be willing to travel to other sites if needed).
- Team player with a positive and professional attitude.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for undertaking new tasks and training.
Working hours: 47.5 hours, Mon-Fri inclusive, 6.30am-4.30pm.
Interested in our Quarry Operative vacancy? Click apply. No agencies please
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Quarry Operative on 15.03.2021