If you’re an experienced, organised and proactive Mechanical Engineer with a practical understanding of the operation and construction of processing equipment, here’s a rare opportunity to progress your career and develop a strong knowledge of waste processing plant. You’ll join our Beenham site, near Reading, on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Company car
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What you'll be doing as Mechanical Engineer
Travelling to different sites, you’ll work with plant managers, facility managers, site engineers and contractors to maintain and improve equipment across our richly varied business, which includes quarries, MRFs (Materials Recovery Facilities) and special waste sites.
Your remit as Mechanical Engineer includes maintenance support and troubleshooting, providing technical advice, proposing improvements, design and specification (AutoCAD ability would be an advantage), and project and contractor management.
What we're looking for in our Mechanical Engineer
- At least three years’ relevant maintenance or engineering experience.
- Degree-level qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering.
- Waste or quarrying experience would be beneficial.
- Ideally, you’re keen to work towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Full UK driving licence.
Whether your background is in waste or another industry, such as automotive, agricultural or the forces, you’re a practical person who enjoys using theoretical knowledge to analyse a problem but also rolls up your sleeves and gets stuck in! Maybe you’ve grown up around machinery, enjoy working on cars or have other practical interests, and you have a personality that gets the best out of people, be they colleagues or contractors.
Working hours: 8.30am-4.30pm, Mon-Fri (35 hours), but the nature of the role may mean additional hours or weekend working from time to time to fit in with operational needs.
Grow with Grundon
At the cutting-edge of waste management, Grundon is ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies. Interested in joining our success story as our Mechanical Engineer? Click apply. No agencies please
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised this Mechanical Engineer vacancy on 09.03.21