Are you an experienced HGV Mechanic who's starting to explore what other jobs are out there? How about fleet work in a great team working for a well-established and thriving business? We're recruiting for a team player to join our friendly family-owned business and work in our clean and well-equipped workshop at Ewelme, South Oxfordshire. As our HGV Mechanic we can offer a permanent contract, competitive salary and access to good benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you’ll be doing as HGV Mechanic
Joining a team of skilled HGV Mechanics, you will maintain our mixed fleet of rigid and articulated vehicles to high standards in line with DVSA and FTA requirements.
What we’re looking for in our HGV Mechanic
- Large goods vehicle experience is essential and ideally you’re qualified or semi-skilled (City & Guilds HGV Parts 1, 2 & 3 or NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent). If you don’t have those qualifications then you must have 10 years’ experience working on HGV vehicles.
- Ideally, you hold a current LGV licence (Class 2 minimum) and digital tachograph card.
What are the working hours?
Your working week will average 45 hours worked over a two-week cycle.
Week 1: Mon-Fri 5.30am-2.30pm.
Week 2: Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm, plus Sat morning, 5.30am-10.30am.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as HGV Mechanic? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so please apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of HGV Mechanic here on 19.02.2021