Industrial Cleaning Technician
If deskbound is a dirty word for you and you’re practical and team-spirited, how about a varied job that could see you dealing with an oil spillage and de-greasing a food factory one week, to decontaminating a laboratory and pumping out a cellar the next? As our Industrial Cleaning Technician, you’ll join our small and skilled Industrial Services team at our Ewelme site in South Oxfordshire and receive a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this.
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one).
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme.
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms).
What you'll be doing as Industrial Cleaning Technician
Our growing Industrial Services team provides specialist and varied services to Grundon customers nationwide, but mainly in our southeast operating area. Using a variety of tools, you'll undertake high-level deep cleaning, tank cleaning, site decontamination and decommissioning projects, which will involve confined space entry, high-pressure water jetting and handling hazardous materials.
The work involves physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable e.g. sometimes wearing a protective suit, respirator or full-face mask.
What we're looking for in our Industrial Cleaning Technician
- It would be great if you have experience of water jetting, working with chemicals, at height or in confined spaces, or a licence to operate plant like forklift and cherry pickers. However, if you’re the right fit for the team we'll give you thorough training and support.
- Practical team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Happy to work outdoors in all weathers, in different locations - including, when needed, away from home. Some of our team are up for being away 50% of the time, others infrequently.
- You must have a full UK driving licence.
Working hours: An average 40 hours, Mon-Fri, 7am-3.30pm. However, due to the nature of the role you will need to be flexible to changing your working hours, which may include working weekends. You can expect extensive travel, including extended periods away from home.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as Industrial Cleaning Technician? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so do apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Industrial Cleaning Technician on 17/02/2021