Planning & Development Manager
Do you hold a relevant degree or other qualification recognised by the RTPI or RICS, have at least two years’ experience in managing a project team, ideally within the minerals and waste industry, and have an interest in environmental planning? As Planning & Development Manager for Grundon Waste Management you’ll strengthen our Estates team, which manages our surprisingly large and diverse property portfolio - including industrial, agricultural, residential, leisure and commercial assets. You’ll join our Beenham office, near Reading, on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary, company car and other great benefits.
What you’ll be doing as Planning & Development Manager
Grundon’s continued success is largely due to its innovative and forward-thinking approach, not least in seizing creative opportunities for future growth. Our Estates department is fundamental in making this happen – by ensuring the changing needs of our business are met through the planning system.
This is a varied and challenging role: you will identify development opportunities, deliver planning consents and manage early-stage development activities to both support operational teams and create increasing value from the estate.
- Working closely with the Estates Surveyor and legal advisors, you will secure the legal agreements and statutory consents necessary to enable development.
- In partnership with our Projects, Engineering & Design team, you will develop early-stage scheme designs, commission investigations and lead internal and external teams to undertake and manage planning applications, EIAs, Appeals, Local Development Framework submissions and other land-use regulatory activities in support of the business.
What we're looking for in our Planning & Development Manager
- Relevant degree or other qualification recognised by the RTPI or RICS.
- At least two years’ experience in managing a project team, ideally within the minerals and waste industry. Experience in land matters is desirable.
- Confidence and motivation, together with effective communication and excellent organisational, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
37.5 per week: 9am-5.30pm, Mon-Fri (flexibility required).
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as Planning & Development Manager? Click apply! No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so please apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Planning & Development Manager on 11.01.2021