Head of Estates
Are you a Chartered Surveyor or Town Planner with at least 10 years’ experience and a property-related degree? Do you have proven experience of property and planning issues relating to waste and mineral assets? Ready to join an innovative and ambitious waste management and quarrying company ranked in the prestigious Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table of top-performing private companies? We’re Grundon, and our Estates team at our Beenham office, near Reading, manages our large and diverse property portfolio which includes industrial, agricultural, residential, leisure and commercial assets.
The Head of Estates role
Grundon’s continued success is largely due to its forward-thinking approach, not least in seizing creative opportunities for future growth to ensure the success story continues. As Head of Estates, you will develop our property interests to enhance the capital value of the portfolio by way of planning, development, letting and acquisition; and to ensure our operational teams are equipped with the planning consents and facilities they need to remain industry leaders. This permanent role comes with a competitive salary, company car, private healthcare and other great benefits.
What you’ll be doing as Head of Estates
- Providing leadership and management to the five-strong Planning and Estates Team.
- Ensuring all assets are either employed in Company operations or are used to create value.
- Providing the appropriate land and planning consents for Grundon to operate and expand.
- Becoming an active member of the Senior Leadership Team: helping to drive the business forward; supporting its Mission and Vision; ensuring achievement of strategic objectives through influencing others, and building and maintaining effective working relationships across Grundon.
What we’re looking for in our Head of Estates
- Property-related degree
- Chartered Surveyor or Town Planner with at least 10 years’ experience, preferably in the minerals and waste sector
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills
- Practical hands-on approach
- Confident decision-maker
Working hours: 37.5 per week: 9am-5.30pm, Mon-Fri (flexibility is required).
Grow with Grundon
This is a fantastic opportunity to strengthen our Estates team as we continue our ambitious investment and development programme. Interested in the Head of Estates role? Click apply. No agencies please.
Please note: We don’t use closing dates, but interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match, so please apply as soon as possible. We advertised the role of Head of Estates on 11.01.2021