Waste Facility Labourer
Are you keen to get trained up on operating forklift trucks, plus machinery and other plant (or perhaps you already have experience)? Looking for an active job in an enthusiastic and successful team, and happy to work outdoors in all weathers? If you’re practical, reliable and really want to learn, then our Waste Facility Labourer role could suit you down to the ground. You’ll join us on a full-time, permanent contract at our waste transfer station at Ewelme, near Wallingford, and earn a competitive salary plus great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Waste Facility Labourer role
Our award-winning Technical waste transfer station is where aerosols and batteries, through to paint and fluorescent tubes, are assessed by our chemists, sorted and sent on for further treatment and disposal. As one of our Waste Facility Labourers, you’ll be part of a hard-working and highly skilled team, with duties that include:
- Operating the on-site waste processing equipment and forklift trucks.
- Unloading and loading lorries.
- Plant and equipment daily check.
- Assisting the Technical Chemists with inspecting and segregating waste.
- Going off site to help the Technical drivers with loading and packing varied wastes on customers’ sites.
- Sweeping and jet washing the yard.
The work involves an element of physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable e.g. sometimes wearing a protective suit and respirator.
What we’re looking for in our Waste Facility Labourer
- You have a positive and professional attitude.
- You enjoy team work but are also happy to work on your own initiative.
- It would be great if you have a forklift truck licence, but it's not essential as we always train the right people.
- Full UK driving licence.
What are the working hours?
7am-4pm or 9am-6pm Monday to Friday, rotated on a fortnightly basis. A total of 40 hours per week.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Waste Facility Labourer? Click apply.