Do you have at least two years' experience of providing a diverse range of support within an HR department? As our second HR Advisor in a supportive team, you'll focus on updating polices and documentation, checking contracts of employment, providing a back-up employee relations service and answering day-to-day queries. Based at our Benson head office near Wallingford, Oxfordshire, you'll join us on a part-time permanent contract (28 hours per week) and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the HR Advisor role
- This is a busy and varied job with the focus on translating legislative information into practical documentation for HR/Payroll policies and procedures.
- You'll also provide day-to-day HR advice and support, including on our Payroll and Time & Attendance systems, to managers and employees across our diverse business on the phone, face to face and on email.
- You'll work closely with our Head of HR and Employee Relations Human Resources Advisor, who is often out and about (Grundon is a multi-site business).
What we’re looking for in you
- Educated to GCSE, or equivalent, standard in Maths and English.
- You ideally hold a recognised HR qualification.
- You must have a current full UK driving licence.
- At least 2 years’ experience within an HR department, providing a diverse range of HR support with confidence and conviction.
What are the working hours?
9am-5pm 4 days per week (28 hours) - actual days to be discussed at interview. Flexibility to work additional hours up to full-time (35 hours) to meet the varying demands of the role.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our HR Advisor? Click apply.