If you can give us at least two years’ relevant finance experience, ideally within credit control, we can offer you a rewarding role in a friendly team at our modern head office in Benson, near Wallingford. As one of five customer-focused Credit Controllers in our vibrant and fast-growing business, you’ll join us on a permanent full-time contract and earn a competitive salary and great benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
About the Credit Controller role
Acting as first point of contact for your own portfolio, you will respond to customer account queries and chase overdue invoices by phone, email and letter within agreed time-scales. The job of Credit Controller also involves:
- Maintaining accurate records for all account activity.
- Responding quickly to daily emails and post.
- Processing payments.
- Undertaking account reconciliations as required.
- Sending out monthly statements for your account base.
What we’re looking for in you
- Minimum two years’ relevant finance experience, ideally within credit control.
- Phone or face-to-face frontline customer service experience.
- You must be a confident communicator with the ability to build good relationships - you’ll be liaising with customers from a wide range of businesses.
- Calm under pressure and assertive, with good negotiating skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
What are the working hours?
35 hours per week: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Interested in joining the Grundon success story as our Credit Controller? Click apply.